In November 2018, Nils and I spent seven days observing the work and meeting with the staff of Metropolitan Mission.
With respect to the contributions made by the CHILD Foundation we were able to confirm what had been reported.
All wells were accounted for and found to be functioning.
- The wells were also routinely maintained – such maintenance was documented.
- They were located within the villages in locations that appeared to be quite central.
The school bus was operational and being used to capacity.
- We observed the bus filled with children on 4 occasions.
- We rode in the bus one morning and noted that many of the children would have had great difficulty in attending school if it had not been for the bus.
- The bus appeared to be well maintained, and a parking area had been nearly built for housing it.
The food at the Children’s home sponsored by the Child Foundation was accounted for.
- We were able to observe 3 meals prepared for the children while we were at the children’s home.
- The children were given sufficient servings and appeared to be healthy and energetic.
- In appearance they were equivalent in size to non-residing children.
- We observed the significant stores of food and were privy to discussions that involved food purchase planning.
The sponsored children self-reported that they had received the promised support.
- They were able to encouragingly report how helpful the money had been in their educational pursuits.
- One was now a nurse with a family of her own – the other was a University professor of engineering.